how to buy lsd onlineintoxication from a drug that causes hallucinations. It is called a trip because the sensations that a psychedelic (hallucination-causing) drug causes can be so strange that it feels as if you are in a whole different world. A bad trip, also sometimes called a bad acid trip, occurs when the trip a psychedelic drug causes is negative. Bad trips can lead to excessive fear, agitation or emotionally disturbing situations. Someone who is having a bad trip may feel as if time is standing still and may have disturbing hallucinations that cause extreme fear or mood swings.
What Causes a Bad Trip?There are several things that can increase the probability of a bad trip, but anyone who is using psychedelic substances is at risk of having a bad trip. Some of the things that can increase the risk of having a bad trip include:
- Taking higher doses of a psychedelic drug
- Being in a negative emotional state before using or while using psychedelics
- Being in settings with excessive stimulation
- Using alcohol at the same time as using a psychedelic drug
- Not having someone stay with you while using psychedelic drugs
- Not drinking enough water
Drugs That Can Cause a Bad TripAny drug that can cause hallucinations and lead to a trip can cause a bad trip. These drugs are called psychedelic drugs and are often used for the hallucinations they create. Some common psychedelic drugs include:
- LSD – Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), also known as acid, is primarily taken for the hallucination that it creates. LSD is probably the best known psychedelic drug.
- DMT – N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a powerful psychedelic drug that can lead to a bad trip. Because of how strong the effects of DMT are, it is more likely to lead to a bad trip than many other psychedelic drugs.(See More: What is DMT
- Mushrooms – Psilocybin mushrooms, also known as “shrooms” or “magic mushrooms,” are hallucinogenic fungi that can lead to a bad trip. A bad mushroom trip may also be referred to as a bad shroom trip.
- Molly – Molly, a slang name for the drug MDMA, is a psychedelic drug that is commonly used in parties or raves. Bad molly trips are more common in situations where people become dehydrated from over-partying.
- Salvia – Salvia, also known as “sage of the diviners,” is a hallucinogenic drug that is shorter-acting and more potent than many other psychedelic drugs. Bad trips while using salvia are reported to be more terrifying than those experienced while using other psychedelic drugs.
- Marijuana – Bad trips while using marijuana are uncommon, but can definitely still occur. Some of the most common bad trip symptoms occurring with weed are anxiety and facial numbness.
Symptoms of a Bad TripBad acid trip symptoms are highly individualized and may be different from previous bad trip symptoms for the same individual. Some common bad trip symptoms include:
- A sensation that time is standing still
- Negative thoughts or interpretations of events around you
- Extreme paranoia
- Extreme and sudden mood swings
- Negative hallucinations that may include sensations, sounds or sights